View the article written by Iain Baxter for Petroleum Economist
Graduate/Junior Catalyst Scientist
CompactGTL is a UK company that has a modular gas to liquid solution empowering oil companies to develop oilfields previously considered uneconomic by enhancing the Net Present Value of oilfields in remote or deepwater locations. CompactGTL works with world class partners including Petrobras, Sumitomo Precision Products and SBM Offshore to ensure that the technology sustains a technical and commercial advantage for our clients.
In summary, CompactGTL is a privately owned, rapidly expanding technology company operating in the Upstream Oil & Gas sector worldwide. Target clients include oil & gas majors as well as independent E&P operators with oilfield developments both onshore and offshore.
Due to the success of the company in progressing the commercialisation of its technology, the opportunity now exists for a Graduate/Junior Scientist to join the company.
This is an exciting role supporting CompactGTL’s expert team of Engineers and Scientists in the development and testingof its Steam Methane Reforming, Combustion and Fischer Tropsch Catalysts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day operation of experimental test facility (facility runs 24 hours a day)
- Provision of support for the operation of catalyst and reactor test facilities
- Preparation and commissioning of facilities for testing
- Implementation of agreed testing programmes
- Logging and interpretation of experimental data
- Maintaining accurate facility and experimental records
- Analysis and Interpretation of data
- Presentation of results both internally and to development partners
Experience & qualifications
Candidates will have a 2:1 honours degree in Chemistry with 3+ years industrial experience in catalysis or ideally a Chemist with a PhD in heterogeneous catalysis. Knowledge of Steam Methane Reforming or Catalytic Combustion would be beneficial but not essential.
The candidate will be motivated, flexible, a creative team player, with excellent written and verbal skills.
Initially based in Abingdon with a view to transferring to CompactGTL’s Wilton Pilot Plant and Training Facility in the near future.
Salary & benefits information
CompactGTL is offering a very competitive remuneration package which will be agreed depending on qualifications and experience.
The benefits package may include:
- Annual pay review
- Discretionary annual bonus related to individual and company performance
- Stakeholder pension scheme – employer matching up to 8%
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Ill Health Income Protection insurance
- Payment for professional subscriptions
- Relocation expenses where appropriate
Please send a CV and covering letter (which supports how your experience, skills and abilities meet the criteria set out above) quoting the reference number, to email@example.com
All applicants will be considered regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or sexual orientation.
We regret that we shall not be able to write personally to all applicants who are not shortlisted; therefore if you have not heard from us in 3-4 weeks you should assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
View a short animation describing the benefits of CompactGTL.
View our corporate brochure for company overview information.
Download the latest CompactGTL director’s report and financial statements of 2010